Apply Online for Lift and Escalator (Installation Permission/Commissioning/Renewal/Alteration etc.)
Authorization of person for erection and maintenance of lifts or escalators.
- Requirements for authorization.
An application for authorization for erection and maintenance of lifts or escalator, as the case may be, under the provisions of Rule 11 of the Assam Lifts and Escalators Rules, 2010 may be made in the prescribed form-I appended to this annexure along with the prescribed fee by a person fulfilling the following criteria.
- shall have the valid electrical contractor’s license from the Assam State Electrical Licensing Board.
- shall have an independent office premises with an independent telephone connection within the State of Assam.
- shall have to produce a certificate from any nationalized bank to the effect that he is solvent to the extent of rupees eight lakhs.
- shall have in his regular employment following minimum staff.
- At least one engineer possessing (i) a degree in mechanical engineering or its equivalent qualification from the recognized university or institution and having an experience of at least four years in the field of elevators or escalators, as the case may be or
(ii) a diploma in mechanical engineering from a recognized Institute and having an experience of at least eight years in the field of elevators or escalators as the case may be.
- At least one engineer possessing (i) a degree in electrical engineering or its equivalent qualification from the recognized university or institution and having an experience of atleast four years in the field of elevators or escalators as the case may be or (ii) a diploma in electrical engineering from a recognized Institute and having an experience of at least eight years in the field of elevators or escalators as the case may be.
- At least one person possessing a certificate in the trade of electrical or electronics from the Industrial Training Institute or any other recognized Institution approved by the Chief Inspector and having an experience of at least five years in the field of elevators or escalators, as the case may be.
- One erection pair for every ten new lift or escalators to be erected during any calendar year consisting of one electrician, one fitter and one helper.
- ne maintenance pair for every fifty lifts or escalators under maintenance during any calendar year consisting of one electrician and one helper and (a) Clerk/attendant round the clock having the presence in the service station for responding to the complaint calls from the owners. Provided that the employment of such clerk/attendant shall not be necessary during night hours if facilities for better communication like mobile phone, pager system etc. are available during such hours: Provided that when a person applying for authorization under rule 11 is himself a qualified mechanical or electrical engineer with requisite experience, the employment of another mechanical or electrical engineer shall to be necessary.
- Shall have a workshop in his own possession within the State of Assam equipped with minimum required machineries and testing instruments. Provided that when the authorized person is having his own manufacturing unit within the state of Assam, he shall not be required to have a separate workshop but he shall be required to have the minimum machineries and instruments as required.
- Shall have necessary safety gadgets, like safety belts and head gears for entire staff engaged in the work of erection and maintenance.
- Shall have suitable means of transportation at his disposal for transportation of material.
Provided that when the number of lifts or escalators under maintenance in a city or town other than the city where the main office is situated exceeds fifty, additional service station shall be established in such city or town having the facilities as required by the Chief Inspector:
Provided further that a staff register and the relevant records related with erection and maintenance work shall be maintained by such person and the same shall be produced for verification as and when directed by the Chief inspector. The specimens of such staff register as well as the guide lines to be followed for maintaining the records of erection and maintenance shall be prescribed by the Chief Inspector.
Provided further that a person authorized for such erection and maintenance shall not be eligible for obtaining the authorization for inspection and testing under section 13. Provided also that any person having any business relation in its individual capacity either directly or indirectly with the person authorized for inspection and testing under section 13 shall also be not eligible for obtaining the authorization for erection and maintenance.
- Grant of certificate of authorization:
The Chief Inspector may after such enquiries and tests as may be considered necessary grant a certificate of authorization in form II, in case of lifts and in form III, in case of escalators set out in this annexure to an applicant who fulfill the above requirements.
- Renewal of authorization.
Every authorization granted under rule 11 shall be valid for a calendar year. The authorization may be renewed on an application made in that behalf to the Chief Inspector along with following documents before 15th December of every year.
- Certificate of Authorization in original.
- A challan in original in token of payment of fee
- Zerox copy of the application made for the renewal of the electrical contractors license.
- A copy of the staff register attested by a gazetted officer.
- A statement indicating the numbers of lifts erected during the period January to October of the year preceding the year for which the application for renewal is made.
- Number of lifts maintained during the period January to October of the year preceding the year for which the application for renewal is made.
- A certificate from any nationalized bank to the effect that the applicant continues to be solvent to the extent of Rupees eight laks.
- A copy of the application made, if any, for renewal of the registration granted under the Factories Act, 1948.
- Updated list of machineries, equipments and testing instruments in possession.
- Details of safety gadgets for staff.
- Details of vehicles in possession for transportation of materials.In the event of the holder of the authorization failing to get the authorization renewed in the said manner before the date of expiry, the authorization shall be come void and a fresh authorization shall have to be obtained.
- Grant of duplicate certificate of authorization:-
A duplicate of certificate of certificate of authorization granted under these rules may be issued on certificate by the applicant of the loss of the original certificate to the satisfaction of the Chief Inspector.
A fee in the manner provided in rule 16 shall be charged for the issue of the duplicate certificate of authorization.
On the issue of a duplicate certificate the original certificate shall be deemed invalid and if found shall be returned to the Chief Inspector for cancellation.
- Suspension or cancellation of the certificate of authorization:-
If the person holding a certificate of authorization under these rules is found to be guilty of negligence, incompetence or the breach of any of these rules or of the conditions of the certificate of authorization, the Chief Inspector, may, after giving the holder of the certificate an opportunity of being heard suspend the certificate for a specific period or cancel the same. The decision of the Chief Inspector in this regard shall be final.